Day Care Connection offers training programs and resources to help you continually improve your child care skills.
Workshops and classes
- Live Workshops: Sharing & Support workshops are presented monthly on a wide range of topics. They’re held at DCC, in south Overland Park, or another convenient location. These workshops are announced in our newsletter, monthly publications and online. They’re a great opportunity to enjoy an evening with people who understand complex issues of family day care. Invest in yourself and attend regularly! Certificates of attendance are given for licensing and food program credit hours.
- Video Workshops: Many Sharing & Support workshops are videotaped. These titles are shown at our group video training sessions, held the 1st Tuesday night of every month at 6:30 p.m. Although less satisfying than actual attendance, they give a provider the opportunity to schedule training more at her convenience and receive proper licensing credit.
- CPR & Pediatric First Aid Classes: Certified first aid training is required for all family day care providers. CPR is recommended. Parents frequently ask for this qualification. 1st START CPR, a professional training company, regularly offers CPR and Pediatric First Aid for Day Care Connection caregivers. The cost is reasonable and most providers find they really enjoy sharing such experience with other caregivers. This is a six-hour course, which counts towards training hours required of licensed day care providers. Call us at (913) 529-1200 for class schedule and reservation info.
- Resource Center: Day Care Connection has a variety of books, tapes of past live training sessions, and article reprints covering topics applicable to the family day care field, including parent relations, kindergarten readiness, toilet training, seasonal crafts, etc.
- Kid Kits: These are wonderful child learning units, complete with all supplies for you to use within your own home. Just come in and check out a plastic tub. What a fun way to learn!
Child day care is important and difficult work! Day Care Connection’s professional staff is here to help YOU every step of the way.